Being "Lutheran" Our congregation accepts and teaches the Bible-based teachings of Martin Luther that inspired the reformation of the Christian Church in the 16th century. The teaching of Luther and the reformers can be summarized in three short phrases: Grace alone, Scripture alone, Faith alone.
Grace alone God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him and do not deserve His love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love the unlovable and save the ungodly.
Scripture alone The Bible is God's inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm for Christian doctrine.
Faith alone By His suffering and death as the substitute for all people of all time, Jesus purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for them. Those who hear this Good News and believe it have the eternal life that it offers. God creates faith in Christ and gives people forgiveness through Him
1. The one true God is three persons in one: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God is eternal, without beginning or end.
2. The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
3. The teaching content of both Old and New Testaments in the Bible is comprised of two doctrines, Law and Gospel. They must be distinguished and applied rightly for a correct understanding of God's Word.
4. God is perfect and expects perfection of His creatures. By his sinful life, man continually fails to be perfect. Sin separates man from God and places him under God's judgement (Law).
5. God in His great love (grace) has provided man with full salvation. Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins of all men and rose again the third day. (Gospel)
6. Jesus Christ is the only Savior of the world.
7. Regeneration, rebirth, by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man.
8. Holy Baptism, instructed by Christ for all infants and adults, washes away sin.
9. The real body and blood of Jesus Christ are offered in the Sacrament and are a seal of the pledge of forgiveness.
10. All will rise from the dead at the Day of Judgement, the believers to spend eternity in heaven, the unbelievers in hell.
11. There is a spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord. The local church is the primary God-established base of operations for spiritual outreach in the world.
12. Christian stewardship is the yielding of the whole self by the power of the Holy Spirit to the Lordship of Christ in all areas of life: money matters, devotional life, time, recreation, family and church life.
13. Every true believer is commissioned and empowered by Christ to "preach the Gospel to every creature" and "make disciples of all nations."
The Lutheran Church — Missouri Synod
We accept and teach Bible-based teachings of Martin Luther that inspired the reformation of the Christian Church in the 16th century.
Go to website...
King James Bible
An English translation of the Christian Bible begun in 1604 and first published in 1611 by the Church of England.
Go to website...
Concordia Publishing House
Purchase books and other resources. Go to website...